Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

Michael [remote] <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
8E5BB8E42telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net">news:8E5BB8E42telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net...
> daproc@spambait.umpires.com (WhaleOilBeefHooked) wrote in
> <7tp29q$277$1@news1.mpx.com.au>:
>

> >Only because they have never had to do it. Why is it inconvenient to get
> >your wallet out as you are walking along, have your ticket out and ready
> >to insert as you arrive at the validator, insert it, taking all of two
> >seconds, retrieve your ticket and then place it back in your wallet
> >whilst walking onto the platform.
>
> Fine if you are not someone carrying 5 bags of shopping or more,
especially
> the case with many people in the city.

ANd THAT is why they have the wide gates there. Now provide a valid reason
when you are *not* carrying anything.

> >> You are only pushing the validation rule because the government say
> >> so. This is the same government that stripped us of many of our
> >> country rail services in 1993, this is the same government that cut us
> >> down to a summer timetable at that period, this is the same government
> >> that postponed the order of more new trains for Melbourne because we
> >> aparently didn't need them, this is also the same government that
> >> removed our guards and conductors (OK, i admit DOO isn't so bad for
> >> suburban working, we have still had no incidents yet, since it was
> >> introduced in 1993 - NSW, you should listen to this one), and finally,
> >> this is the same government that spat the dummy and said "Thats it,
> >> just because of this, you are being privatised now no questions asked"
> >> when our public transport workers went on strike on Grand Prix day.
> >
> >THis is the same government that you Victorians elected, TWICE - and
> >possibly a third time (not sure of what the current status is) -so you
> >only have yourselves to blame for all of that.
> >

> Excuse me, but do not assume that i voted for this monkey farm that are
> supposed to be managing this state. Both of those two elections I was too
> young to vote anyway. I could go into explicit detail which could cover
400
> pages or so what I think of the current elected government, but it would
be
> 1) boring 2) truthful 3) not nice 4) (and most important) off topic for
> this newsgroup.

So use your vote then - the fact remains that this is the government that
the Victorian people elected, the Victorian people (of which you are one)
have only themselves to blame. Resort to appropriate measures. Become a
member of the ALP - have input to policies. The policies they have obviously
did not appeal to the electorate in 1992 and 1996. But don't whinge about it
in here. DO something about it.

DaveP