Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

"WhaleOilBeefHooked" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> writes:

>Only because they have never had to do it. Why is it inconvenient to get
>your wallet out as you are walking along, have your ticket out and ready to
>insert as you arrive at the validator, insert it, taking all of two seconds,
>retrieve your ticket and then place it back in your wallet whilst walking
>onto the platform.

Exactly because you have to do that. It's annoying. It's a mindless,
repetitive task. If I wanted to do mindless, repetitive tasks, I'd be a
person on an IT helpdesk.

It involves getting your wallet out on a regular basis (something that I
dislike doing, because it encourages snatch-thieves). And since MetCrud is
so flimsy, it has to be kept in a wallet, or something else just as
inconvenient. It's even worse if you have all of your hands full.

Look, you can argue until you're blue in the face, but the vast majority of
people are never going to revalidate in situations where there's no-one
watching, because its _pointless_. I suspect the companies realise that,
since they are putting statistics gatherers out into the field...

Paul.

--
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page   |   Paul Dwerryhouse
publishing, threatens to reverse the trend towards    |_  paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au