Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

Paul Dwerryhouse <paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7tpbg9$4s9$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7tpbg9$4s9$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> "WhaleOilBeefHooked" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> writes:
>
> >THAT is the staff engaging in industrial action - you would have also
seen
> >the majority of people using the gates.
>
> No, this was back in July. There were open gates in Central Station,
> plenty of staff around and commuters (including me) just wandering on
> through.

And they have been engaging in industrial action for almost twelve months
now. The Community Relations Officer at CityRail NorthWest tells me there is
nothing they can do to force them to do their jobs, because it is part of a
declared industrial campaign. And they wonder why they are looking to get
rid of them. Perhaps if they actually *did* their jobs, CityRail would not
be looking to get rid of them.

DaveP