Re: [VIC] headboards, nameplates and non authentic liveries. (was: [VIC] Steamrail headboard)

I didn't know about that, but they are still trying to restore the locomotive
into what they think it might have looked like in service. You could probably
argue that they shouldn't have converted Polly because they don't really know
what it looked like, but this sort of conversion is still trying to be as
authentic as possible. Headboards and nameplates were never on VR locomotives
apart from the steam S classes. Adding headboards, nameplates and painting the
locomotives in non authentic colour schemes is clearly not trying to restore the
locomotive to VR condition.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: