[VIC] Steamrail headboard (was: [VIC] ideas for steam tours)

Greg Triplett wrote:

> NO hideous steamrail headboard

I thought Dieselrail was better than Steamrail until a blue "Steamrail"
magnet appeared on T395 last year (It was even worse putting a blue
magnet on an orange loco!). Also I have never liked the headboard and I
would love to see it destroyed (I hate it so much that throwing it out
just isn't enough!). Seymour seems to survive without a headboard so why
can't Steamrail! Whats wrong with just having an advertising sign on the
side of the kiosk car and the end of the train? At a photostop near
Dunolly on the 1998 Kulwin tour, the tour organiser removed the
headboard on R761 but he left the magnets on the side of T395! So I
still couldn't get a shot without a "Steamrail" sign somewhere on the
locos. I also hate the non-authentic colour schemes and the brass
nameplates that appear like a disease on preserved locos.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au