Re: [VIC] Steamrail headboard (was: [VIC] ideas for steam tours)

Well, if go and buy yourself a locomotive, then restore it - or go to
the expense of hiring the locomotive - then you can remove the
headboard.

And why don't Steamrail hang a little advertising sign on the side of
the kiosk car and at the end of the train? Well, why are advertising
signs in prominent places beside main roads and not hidden away down
side lanes? Why is it that advertising space at the front of a
newspaper and on an odd-numbered page costs more than a two-line
classified on page 82? Why does a 30" advertisement on Channel Nine at
8:30pm on a weeknight cost about 1,000 times more than a half-hour
infotainment programme at 3am on Monday morning on Channel 10?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but probably because more people will see it
when it's in a place where more people will look - which is why
Steamrail etc. put a headboard on the front of a locomotive.

And what exactly *is* a "non-authentic" colour scheme? If the
locomotive is genuine and authentic, isn't the colour-scheme also
genuine and authentic for the time you're looking at the locomotive?