Re: [VIC] Steamrail headboard (was: [VIC] ideas for steam tours)

James Brook wrote:

> I thought Dieselrail was better than Steamrail until a blue "Steamrail"
> magnet appeared on T395 last year (It was even worse putting a blue
> magnet on an orange loco!). Also I have never liked the headboard and I
> would love to see it destroyed (I hate it so much that throwing it out
> just isn't enough!). Seymour seems to survive without a headboard so why
> can't Steamrail! Whats wrong with just having an advertising sign on the
> side of the kiosk car and the end of the train? At a photostop near
> Dunolly on the 1998 Kulwin tour, the tour organiser removed the
> headboard on R761 but he left the magnets on the side of T395! So I
> still couldn't get a shot without a "Steamrail" sign somewhere on the
> locos. I also hate the non-authentic colour schemes and the brass
> nameplates that appear like a disease on preserved locos.

Adding to this, Elecrail is the best mainline preservation group in Victoria
as the rolling stock appears in authentic colour schemes without any stupid
"monuments to ourselves" headboards, advertising signs, nameplates, odd
colour schemes, etc...

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: