Re: [VIC] headboards, nameplates and non authentic liveries. (was: [VIC] Steamrail headboard)

Lineman wrote:

> A museum is set up to
> preserve items, not to modify them.
> By that logic Polly would still be a steam crane,Yes or No
> With a statement like that, you obviously do not understand the concept of
> museum.
> Please enlighten us as to how all museums are supposed to operate
>  Lineman

Polly has been restored to its earlier condition. It has not been modified to a
condition that it hasn't already existed as. Although you could argue that it
should have been preserved as a steam crane, this isn't the same as if a museum
modified an R class locomotive to a configuration similar to R711. The VR never
had an R class locomotive in this configuration. Please do not come back and say
that WCR isn't a museum because I already know this and I am just saying that if
a "museum" modified an R class to this condition. I have no problem with WCR's
modifications because this locomotive is in service with a commercial operator
for regular passenger train service, not as a preserved locomotive.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au