Re: [QLD] Kuranda SX sets (was: [QLD] The last SX tin sets)

Bill Bolton <billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org> wrote in article
<p78v3sgcd0u0dh13k72o18755qf3ifeafa@4ax.com>...
> James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I have nothing against the tin sets, all I am saying is that they
> > would be out of place on the Kuranda line.
>
> Why then is someone spending a great deal of private eneterprise money
> already to prepeare an SX set for just that purpose.  Has it occured
> to you that they may just know something that you don't.

The private operator wanted wooden cars but couldn't get any in a
reasonable condition. There was an appeal in this news group some time ago
looking for suitable cars.

They are using SX's because they were available at the right price and
being in Qld already and ex QR, their acceptance by QR was a lot easier.