Re: [QLD] The last SX tin sets

Bill Bolton wrote:

> When I was in Cairns earlier this year there was one SX set being
> renovated for some sort of private tourist/excursion use.

I was up in Cairns for the QR heritage tour. The tin set is being refurbished
for use with a south african steam locomotive

> A tour operator also told us that the existing wood Kuranda cars had
> been creating maintenance headache for QR for a long time and that
> something would have to be done about their replacements soon.

That would wreck the kuranda line as a tourist attraction. Would you rather go
up that line in wooden cars or those stainless steel cars? I think the wooden
cars are much more of a tourist attraction as they are something completely
different.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: