Re: [QLD] The last SX tin sets

Graham Duffin <duffin@dyson.brisnet.org.au> wrote:

> 2) The other rumour is that some SX sets will be modified to replace the
>    existing wooden loco hauled carriages for steam tours and excursion
>    traffic.  The remaining sets would then be sold.

When I was in Cairns earlier this year there was one SX set being
renovated for some sort of private tourist/excursion use.

A tour operator also told us that the existing wood Kuranda cars had
been creating maintenance headache for QR for a long time and that
something would have to be done about their replacements soon.

Cheers,

Bill