Re: [QLD] The last SX tin sets

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> That would wreck the kuranda line as a tourist attraction.

I doubt it.  The tourists who ride the line do it to see the scenery
and are probably largely unaware of anything much to do with the train
itself, apart from whatever spin the tourist sales material and guides
put on it.  Its diesel hauled but that seems to have no impact on its
attraction.

> Would you rather go up that line in wooden cars or those stainless steel
> cars?

Even as a railfan, it wouldn't worry me one way or the other.  I'd
rather see the service running safely and profitably into the distant
future than to become uneconomic and cease due to exorbitant
maintenance costs.

> I think the wooden cars are much more of a tourist attraction as they
> are something completely different.

Different to what?  Fluted stainless steel single deck cars would be a
"nostalgia item" for tourists for many parts of the world where they
are no longer common.

Cheers,

Bill