Re: [QLD] Kuranda SX sets (was: [QLD] The last SX tin sets)

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> So you're saying that most people don't use suburban trains?

Did you entirely miss the specifier "most people who holiday in
Cairns"?

> So you are saying that everyone in the world apart from railfans
> never use a train?

That's a fairly serious comprehension problem you have there.  No, I
didn't say that.

> And many of them do. When I was in Cairns there were plenty of
> Australians going on the regular tourist service to Kuranda.

Perhaps its depends on the time of the year but the tourist operators
were of the strong opinion that the majority of tourist traffic ineth
area was from outside Australia.

> How do you know?

I asked people whose business depends on knowning that sort of thing.

> Even to someone who is completely brainless it is obvious that a
> tin set is no where near as different to normal trains as a
> wooden carriage.

There must ne a lot of completeley brainless people in the world then.

> Puffing Billy is Australia's other famous tourist train, therefore it is a
> reasonable comparison.

There are several "other famous tourist trains", at least one of which
is actually using an SX set with obvious success.

> I have nothing against the tin sets, all I am saying is that they
> would be out of place on the Kuranda line.

Why then is someone spending a great deal of private eneterprise money
already to prepeare an SX set for just that purpose.  Has it occured
to you that they may just know something that you don't.

Cheers,

Bill