Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Iskandar Baharuddin (brengsek@highway1.com.au) wrote:
>Forg wrote:
>>
>> That makes no sense to me. If you know the person, you just pay them
>> "money for running costs" ... that's what we used to do going to uni.
>>
>> If you don't know the person, what the hell is the difference between
>> that and a private bus company running a regular route?
>>
>> --
>
>The bus company has a licence to operate. The pay-to-ride car
>pool is illegal. That's the only difference I can think of - but
>it is enough to stop most people from having a go.

I'd prefer the unlicensed jitney/taxi service because it is likely
to be cheaper and faster than a bus-based mass transit scam.
Of course I don't think licensing is a good idea in the first place...

--

 "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;
  like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master.

    -- William Pitt (AKA Pitt the Elder)