Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Iskandar Baharuddin (brengsek@highway1.com.au) wrote:
: David Bromage wrote:
: >
: > qldspeed (qldspeed-spamsevil@geocities.com) wrote:
: > : My point is, that taking the above into consideration, to bring the
: > : present systems of public transport up to a level where even 30% of
: > : the public would find public transport a viable attractive option,
: > : would cost a fortune - Well beyond to cost of fixing up the general
: > : road systems, which would benefit 100% of the population.
: >
: > The flaw in your argument is assuming that 100% of the population owns
: > cars.

: Give him a break. I think he is including the ones who have to
: take buses and taxis on the same roads.

But buses and taxis are public transport. Remember we have to abolish
public transport and spend that money on roads. [insert heavy sarcasm]

Cheers
David