Re: Sydney Metro Bus Changes

>I think you are referring to the Avererage Fleet Life plan. The STA has to
>maintain an average fleet life of 12 years. Private operators have an
>average fleet life allowance of 15 years.

Both STA and private operators are required to abide by the same Average Fleet
Age requirements, which requires the average age of buses in the fleet to be a
maximum of 12 years old.

It may be of interest that as of 31-Mar-99, STA's average fleet age is 11.93
years, just scraping in below the 12 year requirement, with a number of depots
slightly exceeding the 12 year figure.