Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Iskandar Baharuddin wrote:

> Matt Cremer wrote:
> >
> > Iskandar Baharuddin wrote in message <379D8950.37C3DD99@highway1.com.au>...
> > >There are
> > >quite a few people who would be prepared to invest in vans or
> > >minibuses to ferry paying passengers in and out, 7 to 20 at a
> > >time, at a price to be negotiated.
> >
> > But isn't that public transport? Sounds a helluva lot like public
> > transport to me; you know, where you go & get on a bus with a
> > bunch of people you don't know, you pay a price for the
> > journey ...
>
> No, it is purely private transport.

That makes no sense to me. If you know the person, you just pay them
"money for running costs" ... that's what we used to do going to uni.

If you don't know the person, what the hell is the difference between
that and a private bus company running a regular route?

--
Forg!                   -DUH#6=- (Y1)

"Flamin' heck; another Volvo Driver!"

"...