Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Forg wrote:

> Iskandar Baharuddin wrote:
> >
> > Matt Cremer wrote:

> > > But isn't that public transport? Sounds a helluva lot like public
> > > transport to me; you know, where you go & get on a bus with a
> > > bunch of people you don't know, you pay a price for the
> > > journey ...
> >
> > No, it is purely private transport.
>
> That makes no sense to me. If you know the person, you just pay them
> "money for running costs" ... that's what we used to do going to uni.
>
> If you don't know the person, what the hell is the difference between
> that and a private bus company running a regular route?
>
> --

The bus company has a licence to operate. The pay-to-ride car
pool is illegal. That's the only difference I can think of - but
it is enough to stop most people from having a go.

As we all know, uni students can get away with anything.

--
Regards,

Izzy

"Stop the world - I want to get off!"