Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Forg (forg@zip.com.au) wrote:
>Mark Gibson wrote:
>>
>> Matt Cremer (Matthew.Cremer@Aspect.com.au) wrote:
>> >
>> >You seem to be talking about infinite resources here. "Keep public
>> >transport the way it is, just spend lots more on roads". Well, there aren't
>> >infinite resources, [DrivelPurge(TM)]
>>
>> The lack of infinite resources is exactly the reason that we need to
>> concentrate on building a better road network and quit wasting time,
>> effort, and money on horribly inefficient/wasteful mass-transit scams.
>
>Oh, OK.
>[cough splutter]
>
>I'll just [gag wheeze] learn a better way to respirate [wheeze snort]
>than with my lungs [suffer sob].
>
>I love the term "scam", it is so uninformed in this case ... a thesaurus
>might help you.

I knew more about the English language at age 12 than you are ever likely
to know, Forg.  My typing (well, keyboarding) may suck, but I choose my
words carefully...most of the time, anyway. :-)

Mass transit is generally a major scam perpetrated upon innocent taxpayers.
The fact that it rarely pays for itself and the fact that most people
rarely, if ever, use it strongly support my point.

If all mass transit disappeared tomorrow, society might be inconvenienced
for a few weeks, but life would go on.  If private road-based motor vehicular
traffic disappeared tomorrow, society would be well on its way to oblivion
within a week.  Face facts.  We don't need mass transit to get by.  Those
few places that do are overcrowded and would benefit more by reducing their
population density.

--

 "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;
  like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master.

    -- William Pitt (AKA Pitt the Elder)