Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Matt Cremer (Matthew.Cremer@Aspect.com.au) wrote:
>qldspeed wrote in message <379c4c3d.8135048@bri-news.tpg.com.au>...
>>Even people who use rail exclusively cannot escape some reliance on
>>the road network (even hermits need food deliveries) - hence I stand
>>by my 100% population gets the benefit of a better more free flowing
>>(and hence lower polution) traffic system.
>
>You seem to be talking about infinite resources here. "Keep public
>transport the way it is, just spend lots more on roads". Well, there aren't
>infinite resources, [DrivelPurge(TM)]

The lack of infinite resources is exactly the reason that we need to
concentrate on building a better road network and quit wasting time,
effort, and money on horribly inefficient/wasteful mass-transit scams.

--

 "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;
  like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master.

    -- William Pitt (AKA Pitt the Elder)