Re: [AUS] Radio forum on public transport

Bradley Torr wrote:

> My parents bought me a beat-up old bomb when I got my P's, not only as a
> present, but because for a guy from the western suburbs and going on to
> university, it was a necessity. There is no way I would have been able to
> go to university (and UNSW isn't really on a major rail line), get a decent
> part time job, etc. using PT alone.

Isn't it strange that our Transport Minister is doing nothing to help
students travel by reasonable public transport from his beloved western
suburbs to Sydney's biggest university, UNSW!

The appalling shambles that occurs every morning in Eddy Avenue outside
Central Station as students struggle to board buses for UNSW is a
disgrace for a supposedly civilised city.  Seeing so many people exposed
to rain and cold at this time of the year in this manner shows that the
transport authorities have no concerns for students.

What can be done to provide decent public transport to UNSW?

Chris