Re: [AUS] Radio forum on public transport

disgusting.

>   Public transport is unsafe, unreliable, croweded, expensive and
>increasingly
>   irrelevent to most people.
>

>Regards
>
>JohnO

Unless JohnO travels off-peak I bet his 'tone of pen' indicates a classic
'road rager' who would rather put up with peak hour 'car-parks' than do
something about his own property [eh...the railway]
Cost of a ticket say about $8 average , free Car parking at the station
[Stolen cars...bullshit! affects less than 0.03% of rail patrons last year.]
Free connecting tram at Swanston St.
As against wear and tear of the car, $60 car Parking, $100 or more
depreciation ,
Registration costs accident insurance, replacement vehicle for when you have
that accident  [indications are the peak hour users will prang at least 1.25
times each two years...etc etc..
You are a funny fella are you not? And I am not just picking on you, I drove
my car also, off-peak though, rather than use a free travel voucher for 20
years when I lived in Melb. Got out of that habit by moving out of that
lousy excuse for a city [actually think that it would make a luvly atomic
test site!]
Public Transport is as good as you and I make it!
The first time I got bashed was when I tried to make a juvenile clown pick
up the bubble gum, I saw him place on the seat next to him, and 25 other
adults tried to look away as he and his mates showed me how much respect the
younger Clockwork Orangers had for there elders! Now those kids walked away
and next day went one better, and better and better! Perhaps Rape and even
Murder!
Melburnians, you have the City you deserve! You have the Government you
deserve!
JohnO You have my pity!
Rod :(