Re: [AUS] Radio forum on public transport [warning, rant inside]

Whatever you reckon mate.

I have travelled by train to work almost every day for the last 14
months. In that:

The train costs me $19.10 per week. A car would cost me petrol,
maintenance, registration, all up well exceeding the cost of catching a
train.

During the day it takes 35-40 minutes to get to work by car. The trains
take all up one hour. 35-40 minutes from Glenroy to the city via the
loop, 5-10 minutes between connecting services approx 15 minutes from the
City to Ivanhoe running express Jolimont to Clifton Hill. This year
alone, due to delays I have only missed my connecting service once.

I find the main cause of sardine-ism is the fact that people will crowd
the front carriages, leaving the back carriages almost empty. What do i
do to overcome this? Walk to the back carriage and get a seat rather than
having to stand up in a front carriage.

Despite what you think, most of our carriages DO NOT reek of
urine/defecate or any other unpleasant substance.

I do not know where you get the unsafe CRAP from. I have not had one
single incident in the 14 months that I have used the train to/from work.
I often catch late night train services as well due to my shifts - i.e.
9:30 to the city, 10:06 to home from city. I am still alive, i still have
the same posissions that i started out with, i am not bruised, i am not
mentally scarred from someone holding a gun to the side of my head.

It seems that the crap you get spoonfed comes directly from the media. If
everything that the media said was true, we would all be dead by now.

Expensive is a load of bulltish as well. See above, a car costs a lot
more to run than taking public transport in Melbourne. Either you are god
and don't have to pay to run your car, or you are really blind as to all
the hidden costs involved in owning a car.

Irrelevant to most people? I think not. Idiots like you MAKE it
irrelevant to a lot of people, but a lot of people on the other hand
ignore the shit you spin about how supposedly unreliable, unsafe,
expensive, irrelevant public transport is.

Get a life and seek the facts, moron.

Regards
A Public Transport User.

The voices in my head told me something that JohnO said, I therefore
quote: