Re: Tonight's Railway Adventures episode- Get the REAL Facts regarding Victorian Episode.

Notagunzel wrote in message <3781E82B.E39B3192@bigfoot.com>...
>Grahame Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Dear Wombat, It is easy to make acusations when one makes them under the
>> cover of a psuedonym.
>
>Perhaps Mr Wombat ain't in a position to post under his real name.
>
>It is a fact of life that Railway Organisations generally doesn't like
>people knowing of their inner workings posting possibly sensitive
>details on aus.rail. I remember the witchunt after one particular post I
>made.  A VRTC employee accusing innocent employees of other
>organisations etc...
>
>> It is also easy to make them when you have not approached the people
>> concerned and got their side of the story.
>
>What are the real facts then?  Neither side is going to be exactly
>forthcoming, are they.  You have to remember VLP *allegedly* tried to
>get Ch 10 to edit the sequence out of the episode.
>
>> Have you done just that?
>> This whole episode has become a trial by internet.
>
>Reporting VLP's manoeuvrings 'trial by internet'?
>
>> I am trying to defend persons that have no input or knowledge of what is
>> posted behind their back on the internet.
>>
>> After all this, I am sure we have lifted the ratings of the show through
>> curiousity.
>
>Bewdy, I'll have to rush out & buy shares in Channel 10 :o)
>
>> But what we all really want to know is, how do you know so much when  the
>> show has not even been on TV yet??
>> How do you know so much of the internal workings of VLP, and the DOI???
>>
>> From my understanding, the preview tapes are usually only sent to those
>> persons involved in the filming.
>
>Just because this episode hasn't been aired yet, doesn't mean the
>details can't propagate along the grapevine...

The grapevine does not count as facts.
Just remember last week, someone from the grapevine had GNR bankrupt on this
Railpage!

>P.S. I did notice that last Saturday he was signing TRB's, working Staff
>& Ticket, and operating a Trolley, apparently by himself, I hope the WA
>Accreditation people aren't as jumpy has here in Victoria :o)
>
>P.P.S. Wouldn't it be nice if the results of Boards or Inquiry were
>publicly available?  Then we wouldn't have to rely on Rumour for the
>details...:o)
>
>--
>Mr Notagunzel.
>Trying to avoid the Gunzels.
>notagunzel@bigfoot.com
>(Thinking about doing something more at
>http://www.bigfoot.com/~notagunzel)

Well stated Mr Notagunzel, and I wonder if the WA Ministry of Transport is
now going to put Inspectors on the filming of fettlers trikes!

If this is the reward the makers of the Series get is severe critisism, from
the Rail Authorities, well this may be the LAST rail series that is made for
the General Public.

How many times have you seen a TV presenter take the wheel of a ship or
paddlesteamer?- Quiet often in fact.

I feel that the Producers were trying to make it interesting for Mr & Mrs
Average, not for the Railfans.  Us railfans have a barrel full of rail
videos to chose from, specific for our tastes to purchase.

Regards, GF.
NB:- opinions expressed are my own.