Re: Tonight's Railway Adventures episode- Get the REAL Facts regarding Victorian Episode.

Wombat wrote in message <7lidi6$b3e$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>In article <01bec439$b834ca80$552d11cb@rodsmith>,
>  "Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote:
>> Responding to anonymous posters with cryptic messages:
>> The 26.6 episode was not Victoria, it was SA.  Nobody has mentioned
>it on
>> aus.rail, so it must have had nothing to criticise.  It has been the
>only
>> episode which I have seen, and was as good as any other of the genre.
>> Presenter Scott rode to Alice Springs on the sg Ghan, rode on the
>preserved
>> ng one there, then rode a camel back to Quorn via the former ng
>route.
>> There must have been some Pichi Richi scenes, but I can't recall
>them.
>> Along the way there were historical flashbacks: mainly from TAR
>> construction.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Roderick Smith
>> Rail News Victoria Editor
>
>I have to post anonymously because if my boss found out what I was
>saying, my livelyhood would be in jeopardy but I feel that some of what
>I hear, others may also want to hear. I did not specify what happened
>in the Vic episode, so as to not spoil it for those who have not seen
>it. I have. The presenter is shown driving the RM with no sign of the
>real driver in shot.They show him driving it over the Viaduct and into
>Plat 12 at Flinders Street, driving through a track gang and into the
>SRHC Depot among other things. VLP has had a HUGE reaming out by all
>the safety watchdogs and I pity any organisation that wants to do a
>film run in the future. The Special Class Instructor Drivers are being
>placed on ALL Special/Charters, with VLP as the Operator to appease
>(sp?) the angry gods! and the costs to the Hirers will go up as a
>result.
>--
>Wombat wuz 'ere!
>What eats roots & leaves?
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

This story is the biggest beat up I have ever heard!
Was anyone you know actually involved in the filming??

The FACTS:
At all times a qualified driver was at the controls.
He either was standing a fraction behind Scott McGregor or beside him, just
out of camera shot.
Further more when Scott McGregor sat in the driver's seat he was only do so
where there were no signalling , or safeworking involved.
The actual scenes where he was seemingly in control was for no more than 15
to 30 seconds.  These scenes were then spliced together to give the illusion
of Scott driving continuously.
How many times have you seen Politicians at the controls of a locomotive at
some special ceremony.  I'd like to see some bureaucrat take action against
a Transport Minister or Premier for this.  An unknown actor is a soft
target.

TV is illusion- it makes things appear that do not happen to be real.
I suppose some people really thought that Tom Criuse was flying an F14 in
'Top Gun'!
Get the facts!!!!!!!

Tonight shows Scott driving an Iron Ore train in the Pilbara.  So we all
should ring up the WA Dept of Mines expressing horror at the sight of Scott
Mc Gregor at the throttle of a 20000 tonne Ore Train.

We have all gone a bit over the top these days.