Re: Tonight's Railway Adventures episode- Get the REAL Facts regarding Victorian Episode.

Wombat wrote in message <7lpunh$g3n$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>In article <sthyer-0507990852270001@anatpc37.anatomy.unimelb.edu.au>,
>  sthyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au (Stuart Thyer) wrote:
>> In article <377f17ae@nap-ns1>, "Grahame Ferguson"
>> <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote:
>>

>> > The fact remains it WAS snappy editing that was used, and who do
>you know
>> > that was there during the filming?
>> >
>> > I have seen tapes of Paul Keating driving a BL at Dynon in 1995
>whilst it
>> > was MOVING with a driver showing the former PM what to touch to
>move the BL.
>> >
>> > Lets all take a cold shower.
>>
>> Yeah well someone tell that to VLP.  The fact is that wombat reported
>is
>> correct and heritage operators are expected to wear the cost of a SCID
>> (Special class instructor driver) on all specials.  It's not Seymours
>> fault, they just provided the DERM.  If McGregor wasn't driving the
>DERM,
>> someone tell that to VLP because the heritage operators are the ones
>> suffering for his cinematic exploits.
>>
>> --
>> Stuart Thyer
>> Photographer-Department of Anatomy
>> University of Melbourne
>>
>> The best mistakes are the ones you learn from.
>> The worst mistakes are the ones you make again.
>>
>Today the Manager Ops had a bit of a re-think (thank God). Maybe it was
>pressure applied from the right quatrter but the SCID will only be
>required on a "Driver Only" Run
>--
>Wombat wuz 'ere!
>What eats roots & leaves?
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Dear Wombat, It is easy to make acusations when one makes them under the
cover of a psuedonym.
It is also easy to make them when you have not approached the people
concerned and got their side of the story.
Have you done just that?
This whole episode has become a trial by internet.
I am trying to defend persons that have no input or knowledge of what is
posted behind their back on the internet.

After all this, I am sure we have lifted the ratings of the show through
curiousity.

But what we all really want to know is, how do you know so much when  the
show has not even been on TV yet??
How do you know so much of the internal workings of VLP, and the DOI???

>From my understanding, the preview tapes are usually only sent to those
persons involved in the filming.

Regards, GF.
NB:-Opinions expressed are my own & not of any organisation that I may be
associated with, nor employed by.