Re: Best times/locations NE Vic

David Langley wrote:

> David Bromage wrote:
>
> > If you head north of the border, stay at the Junee Hotel. It's opposite the
> > station and the balcony overlooks the north end of the yard and the level
> > crossing. On a still night you can hear trains climb all the way to the
> > Bethungra spiral.
>
> Or the Loftus Hotel or has it changed its name recently.
I stayed at the Loftus Hotel in May. Ask for one of the rooms on the
west side where you can overlook the Junee level crosssing. It was
changing hands at the time I stayed but the new owner is keen to keep it
as an accommodation venue. By the way while it is a hotel it does not
have a liquor licence, not a problem as there are two pubs within 50m.
of the Loftus.
Also the Bethungra Hotel has closed. I understand that the liquor
licence was sold for a good price so it could be used in Sydney
(Olympics strike again?).

Graham Fry