Re: The stupidity of passengers.

David Proctor wrote:

> Homer wrote in message <3699F101.E676EF05@mail.usyd.edu.au>...
>
> >likewise because passengers wanting to get ON the train won't wait for the
> passengers wanting to get OFF the train to
> >alight first and get out of the way.
>
> If this happens when I am trying to get off (and it does - all the time) I
> stick the elbows out and try and hit as many people as I can, and as hard as
> I can - I am sometimes told off, but all I do then is to tell them (in a
> very snide tone) that they should wait for people to get off first!

i do the same, and this technique also comes in handy for walking up or down
stairs against traffic that doesn't understand the 'keep left' concept.
Its very frustrating just watching it though; when you aren't actually in the
crowd itself...
I just want to walk over to it and tell them to learn some patience - do they
think the train will suddenly depart if they haven't boarded within three
seconds?