Re: The stupidity of passengers.

Robert Harris wrote:

> John Dennis wrote:
> As an occasional user of the Sydney trains, I am staggered at the
>
> > difficulty in boarding at the city stations (during peak hours)
> > *before* the whistles and "stand clear - doors closing" announcements.
> > At Town Hall most of the disembarking passengers aren't even off the
> > train before these signals are given.  Of course, double decker trains
> > *are* difficult to get large numbers of people off and on quickly, but
> > the timetables (or operating staff) don't seem to take this into
> > account.
> >
> > And then of course, just as the train pulls out, we will hear "the
> > train on platform 5 goes to ....."   :-)
> >
> > Cheers...JD
>
> Ys but if you look carefully you will see that everyone uses the same 2 sets of door while the rest of the train is
> on board. The passengers won't walk to another car. This is why the above happens.

likewise because passengers wanting to get ON the train won't wait for the passengers wanting to get OFF the train to
alight first and get out of the way. This happens time and time again as I watch before i attempt to board trains,
especially from central plat 22; and yes, certain 'ethnic groups' tend to be the culprits more often than not (i'll say
no more on this considering a long running parallel thread), not to mention the kids who just need to be taught what to
do ( i wouldn't even try teaching the older offenders)