Re: The authoritarianism of SRA staff

>> practically all of the rooms/buildings i spend a typical university day
in are not
>> airconditioned and no lecture theatre has windows to let a cool breeze
in; imagine 100 or

>That's what you get for an old uni is it ??????Try putting in a 10 to 12
hour day in a
>Mechanical Signalbox they are like an oven in the summer and a freezer  in
the winter no mater
>how many windows open or close.

Try working in a government secondary college. Hot in summer and either it
is freezing in the corridors or hot in the rooms. The only bonus is being
the computer employee, the only rooms airconditioned in the school apart
from the general office and music office are the computer rooms! Guess where
I spend as much time as possible at work.
By the way, whilst I know what it is like to share my working day in a hot
sweaty office with a number of running computers and a few other people, I
certainly sympathise with a train driver in non-AC trains. As a comparison,
Melbourne train cabs are mostly air conditioned now except for some Hitachi
motors I presume are intended always to be in the centre of trains and not
used for driving anyway.