Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

> Any derailment yes. A derailment causing both vehicles to be left
> leaning at 30 degree angles, intermeshed for approximately five metres,
> blocking both running lines, I would think requires something more.

have you ever seen those crash tests they do for cars.. they are largely run
at 60km/h and look what happens to the car!!... remember a 4car Vset would
have WAY more inertia than a family car! and not to mention it was hitting a
knife-like object (comparitavely) as opposed to a brick wall!.  60km/h may
not seem like much but its DEFINATELY capable of that.  now the question
only remains as to why the driver was travelling at those speeds around a
low vis. corner under a passed red.