Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

David McLoughlin <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
3845c266@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3845c266@news.iprolink.co.nz...

> Does that line have train-stop-arms to stop electric trains that pass
> through a stop signal?

No.

A passenger from the IP said that an announcement was put across the train
that they would be late arriving in Sydney due to some signalling faults,
and that that was the reason the IP was stationary.

Whilst I am NOT speculating on the cause of the accident (it is far too
early to do so, and we do not have enough information to do so yet) it does
give a reason as to why the interurban would be coming up so quick behind
the IP.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au