| "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
| > "Dave Proctor"
| > | "Tezza"

| > |
| > | I inferred correctly.
| >
| > I never said it and I never implied it so you inferred incorrectly.
|
| You did imply it so I inferred correctly.

That's where your argument falls down as I didn't imply it. If you think I
implied it then you inferred incorrectly.

| > "thousands" to
| have
| > to be out

| > | > |

| > |
| > | I inferred correctly.
| >
| > I never said it and I never implied it so you inferred incorrectly.
|
| You did imply it so I inferred correctly..

As only I could know what I was implying, I can catagorrically state that I
didn't imply it, ergo if you think I implied it you inferred wrongly.

| > posted here),
| > experiences

| have
| > posted
| > | > |

stands.
| > |
| > | No it doesn't. I, as someone who pays for tickets, am more qualified
| > | comment than you, someone who doesn't.
| >
| > Only in your fantasies.
|
| So when was the last time you used a ticket machine?

I don't need to use them to see an out of order or closed sign. I don't need
to use them to be told by passengers or staff that they're not working. I
don't need to buy a ticket to read the rerports about them. I interact with
more passengers and  staff, and see more stations and machines in a day than
you do in a week.

| You have implied

You have wrongly inferred.

| that the problems are much much greater than what they
| actually are, and affect far more people than they actually do.

As you have absolutely no idea how great the problems are or how many people
they affect you are dead wrong once again. What I actually said was that
there were more problems than a few posters made out there were.

| > | So one, machine playing up at a location which has about 15 machines,
as
| > | well as about 20 BOM's, can affect thousands of people? Don't think
so.

| > You obviously don't get to Central much.
|
| 3 or 4 times a week. This is 3 or 4 times a week more than you use ticket
| machines. If you are able to make a judgement on ticket machine
reliability
| based on your usage, then I am able to make a judgement on Central on the
| same basis.

I see the machines at Central more times than that in a day. I don't have to
buy a ticket to see or hear.

| > |
| > | Nope - you are in no position to judge whether the machines are
reliable
| > | not. Station staff are, but you are not.
| >
| > You mean the staff constantly complaining about them? The staff who have
| > put up with the passengers complaining about them? The staff who tell me
| > about it? The staff who'd know a damn sight more about it than you?
|
| The staff who are looking at being done out of a job by the same machines,

No-one's lost a job because of the machines.

| as opposed to me (and others like me) who have actually used the machines,
| and have not experienced a problem with them.

as opposed to every other poster on this topic who has had a problem with
them.