Re: Transport ticket system collapses

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a924c34$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a924c34$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> | I use them regularly and rarely have problems.  A quick sample of my
> | workmates indicated the same experience.
>
> So you and your mates have problems with faulty machines. Now multiply
that
> by the hundreds of thousands of people who use them. One faulty machine
may
> well affect thousands of people.

He said that he _rarely_ has a problem. I would go as far as to say that I
have not had a problem with a machine since I moved back to Sydney in 1996.

> |  That's just as definitive as your "sample", and at least it includes my
> personal experience as a
> | user.
>
> And yet your small sample still showed that people have problems with the
> machines.

But only rarely - and nowhere near as frequently as you claim. If they
happened as frequently as you claimed, then his (and their) experience of
problems would be more pronounced. Unless the problems *magically* occur
where Bill and his mates won't experience them, which defies logic. If the
machines are inherently unreliable, then they all be breaking down.

Dave