Re: Transport ticket system collapses

"Dave Proctor"
| "Tezza"
|
| > | I use them regularly and rarely have problems.  A quick sample of my
| > | workmates indicated the same experience.
| >
| > So you and your mates have problems with faulty machines. Now multiply
| that by the hundreds of thousands of people who use them. One faulty
machine
| may well affect thousands of people.
|
| He said that he _rarely_ has a problem. I would go as far as to say that I
| have not had a problem with a machine since I moved back to Sydney in
1996.

He still said that he and his workmates have had problems. One fault can
affect thousands of passengers before it's fixed.

| > |  That's just as definitive as your "sample", and at least it includes
my
| > personal experience as a  user.
| >
| > And yet your small sample still showed that people have problems with
the
| > machines.
|
| But only rarely - and nowhere near as frequently as you claim.

I haven't claimed any frequency. I was merely relating the woes of the
hordes that complain about them.

| If they happened as frequently as you claimed,

I haven't made any claim.

| then his (and their) experience of problems would be more pronounced.

He's had problems, his mates have had problems, others on here have had
problems and hordes of others have had problems.

| Unless the problems *magically* occur
| where Bill and his mates won't experience them, which defies logic.

They did experience them.

| If the machines are inherently unreliable, then they all be breaking down.

They do on a regular basis according to the SRA's figures.