Re: Transport ticket system collapses

"Bill Bolton" <billbolton@computer.org> wrote in message
9gd49t04lre06kvt0d7tt0s8rpst844uut@4ax.com">news:9gd49t04lre06kvt0d7tt0s8rpst844uut@4ax.com...
| "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
|
| > Got nothing to do with it.
|
| I'd say it has a VERY GREAT DEAL to do with it.  How many people do
| you think would bother come up to tell anyone the ticket machine did
| exactly what it was supposed to today!

Still got nothing to do with it. The fact that people complain about them
when they malfunction means they've malfunctioned. The SRA's own published
figures back it up.

| I use them regularly and rarely have problems.  A quick sample of my
| workmates indicated the same experience.

So you and your mates have problems with faulty machines. Now multiply that
by the hundreds of thousands of people who use them. One faulty machine may
well affect thousands of people.

|  That's just as definitive as your "sample", and at least it includes my
personal experience as a
| user.

And yet your small sample still showed that people have problems with the
machines.