Re: Transport ticket system collapses

"Dave Proctor"
| "Tezza"
| > "Dave Proctor"
| >
| > | You are extrapolating that since some regular users *rarely*
experience
| > | faults, that the fact that they do means that the machines are
inherently
| > | unreliable and that everyone always experiences faults. This is not
the
| > | case.
| >
| > And is probably why I haven't said that or anything remotely like it.
|
| That is what you were implying.

You infer incorrectly.

| > | Even if one faulty machione can affect thousands, for these
"thousands" to
| > | be *regularly* inconvenienced, then countless machines owuld have to
be out
| > | of action on countless occasions.
| >
| > Who said anything about regularly?
|
| You were implying that.

You infer incorrectly.

| > | You, as someone who does not buy tickets,
| > | cannot know if this is the case or not. I (and others who have posted
here),
| > | as people who *do* buy tickets, can attest to our own personal
experiences
| > | on this matter.
| >
| > I probably see more machines, passengers or staff than any who have
posted
| > on this topic.
|
| Of course you do, whilst whizzing past at 90 km/h.

You obviously have no idea of a Drivers work day. What I said stands.

| > |
| > | They have *rarely* experienced problems.
| >
| > But everybody "rarely" experiencing probloms works out to lots of
| problems.
|
| And I have not experienced a problem since i moved back to Sydney, 5 years
| ago, meaing (according to your logic) that nobody has experienced a
problem
| since then.

You infer incorrectly once again. If *everybody* who posted on this topic
had said they didn't have a problem then you would be correct, but as they
didn't, you aren't.

| And if it is rare (once every six months at Berowra, for example) then
only
| those using Berowra would be affected, and then, only once every six
months.
| So we have 1000 people experiencing a problem once every six months. That
is
| reasonable in my book.

Only if it only happened in out of the way places, which it doesn't. It also
happens at busy locations including Cental and can affect thousands in one
day.

| > | Using my logic, we recognise it was a one off (five flights
| > | arriving when only two were scheduled, they only had two lots of staff
| > | unload) and things go on.
| > |
| > | If things were as bad as you try to claim (and I note that nobody who
| > | actually pays for tickets - so this excludes you, Tezza - is
complaining)
| > | then there would be an uproar in the media, and this is not happening.
| >
| > It's in the media once or twice a year on a regular basis.
|
| And we *know* how much sense the media makes.

Doesn't detract from the fact that your wrong again.