Re: Transport ticket system collapses

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a960b9b$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a960b9b$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Dave Proctor"
> | "Tezza"
> | > "Dave Proctor"

> experience
> inherently
> not the

> it.
> | > |

> | > You infer incorrectly.
> |
> | I inferred correctly.
>
> I never said it and I never implied it so you inferred incorrectly.

You did imply it so I inferred correctly.

> "thousands" to
> to be out

> | > |

> | > You infer incorrectly.
> |
> | I inferred correctly.
>
> I never said it and I never implied it so you inferred incorrectly.

You did imply it so I inferred correctly.

> posted here),
> experiences

> posted
> | > |

> | > You obviously have no idea of a Drivers work day. What I said stands.
> |
> | No it doesn't. I, as someone who pays for tickets, am more qualified to
> | comment than you, someone who doesn't.
>
> Only in your fantasies.

So when was the last time you used a ticket machine?

Or does anecdotal evidence count for more than real life experience with
you?

> have had
> | > | > |

> problems.
> | > |
> years
> problem
> | >
> | > You infer incorrectly once again. If *everybody* who posted on this
> topic
> | > had said they didn't have a problem then you would be correct, but as
> they
> | > didn't, you aren't.
> |
> | But you are saying that there are continual problems *because* one or
two
> | are saying that experience _rare_ problems. You can't have it both ways.
>
> I've said nothing about "continual problems". Once again you incorrectly
put
> words into my mouth.

You have implied that the problems are much much greater than what they
actually are, and affect far more people than they actually do.

then
> only
> months.
> That is
> | >
> | > Only if it only happened in out of the way places, which it doesn't.
It
> also
> | > happens at busy locations including Central and can affect thousands
in
> one day.
> |
> | So one, machine playing up at a location which has about 15 machines, as
> | well as about 20 BOM's, can affect thousands of people? Don't think so.
>
> You obviously don't get to Central much.

3 or 4 times a week. This is 3 or 4 times a week more than you use ticket
machines. If you are able to make a judgement on ticket machine reliability
based on your usage, then I am able to make a judgement on Central on the
same basis.

> staff to
> | > | > |
> who
> complaining)
> happening.

> | > |

> | > Doesn't detract from the fact that you're wrong again.
> |
> | Nope - you are in no position to judge whether the machines are reliable
> | not. Station staff are, but you are not.
>
> You mean the staff constantly complaining about them? The staff who have
> put up with the passengers complaining about them? The staff who tell me
> about it? The staff who'd know a damn sight more about it than you?

The staff who are looking at being done out of a job by the same machines,
as opposed to me (and others like me) who have actually used the machines,
and have not experienced a problem with them.

Dave