Re: Freightcorp's interstate sell-off blamed on competition fears

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a7f368c$0$16384$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a7f368c$0$16384$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "runaway" <whipfest@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a7f1f36$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3a7f1f36$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
>
> | Sounds like your local branch officials aren't doing the job you elected
> | them to do. Why don't you put your hand up for a position, as you feel
> | strongly enough about the issues to write about them in this public
forum.

> Been there, done that. Thankless task that costs the delegate heaps in
lost
> wages. It would be worthwhile though if something could be done, but I was
> constantly banging my head against a wall trying to fight head office who
> are only interested in looking after the Masons and the Labor Party.

Been there, done that to. Yes, the sacrifices are many, but it is worthwhile
if you take a (sometimes heavy) stand.

> | Did you have the same problem with the union when you worked for
Telecom?

> I've never worked for Telecom, whatever gave you that idea?

The grapevine must be a bit bent.