Re: Freightcorp's interstate sell-off blamed on competition fears

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a7d659b$0$16406$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a7d659b$0$16406$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Steve Zvillis
> | Tezza
>
> | > They're paid by the workers to do their bidding, not any polical
parties
> | > agenga.
> |
> | Thats right. Why do you think unions have so many blues with the A.L.P.
> when
> | the workers party hurts the people it was created to help??? [By the way
> | your beloved spell checker conked out!!]
>
> I recently did a format and re-install of everything and hadn't gotten
> around to installing Office. BTW, whoever said the spellchecker doesn't
work
> in Outlook Express without Office being installed was correct.
>

> | > He's quite right again. Drivers have gone backwards since the AFULE
> | > amalgamated and became the RTBU.
> |
> | Maybe because many drivers couldn't be bothered to support the union and
> let
> | it get shafted.
>
> It was the Union constantly shafting the Drivers that caused the Drivers
> get disillusioned and lose interest.

Well whose fault was that?? Union officials, committees, shop stewards,
delegates are voted in by the members. If they do not do what their members
want, they can be "re-educated" at a meeting requested by the members. If
that doesn't work, the misguided officials can be dumped at an election.
Now if members are too apathetic to either support the candidates who WILL
do as members require or are too lazy or gutless to stand for office
themselves, they will get exactly the union they deserve.

>Now instead of supporting the Union,
> many say "Fuck the union."

Well thats really going to help!! Go ahead! Dump the union! As soon as it's
gone your bosses will thank you for allowing them to kick as much crap out
of you as they like! Who cares if you object? No-one with the union gone.
You can look forward to being treated more and more like dogs. If you don't
like it, what are you going to do? Nothing. Just take even more and more and
more AND more. Complain? Who too? If you don't like it, find another job.
(You might get lucky to find another job that still has a union standing up
for it's members rights!)

Just remember, the cab facilities you enjoy (seats, heating, noise
suppression, etc. etc.), crib facilities (ovens, fridges, lockers, showers,
etc. etc.), pay rates, leave provisions, etc. etc. weren't given to you out
of the goodness your employers heart. The union officials you are so keen to
slag off copped a lot of grief and heartache to campaign to get those things
for you.

Cheers, Steve Z.