Re: Freightcorp's interstate sell-off blamed on competition fears

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a7eb689$0$16384$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a7eb689$0$16384$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Steve Zvillis" <szvillis@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> 95ljtp$d8$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:95ljtp$d8$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> |
> | Tezza
> | > It was the Union constantly shafting the Drivers that caused the
Drivers
> | to get disillusioned and lose interest.
> |
> | Well whose fault was that??
>
> As I just said, it was the Union's fault. It if served it's members
> interests instead of it's hidden agendas, they'd get more member support.
>

> | Union officials, committees, shop stewards,
> | delegates are voted in by the members. If they do not do what their
> members
> | want, they can be "re-educated" at a meeting requested by the members.
>
> In the RTBU, the meetings are arranged by the delegates, not the members.
> Even when resolutions have been passed demanding that meetings be held on
> regular basis, the delegates ignore those resolutions to make sure that
they
> run the Union, not the members.

Sounds like your local branch officials aren't doing the job you elected
them to do. Why don't you put your hand up for a position, as you feel
strongly enough about the issues to write about them in this public forum.
Did you have the same problem with the union when you worked for Telecom?

runaway.