Re: Victorian sg conversion

David Bromage wrote:

> The proposal is not to convert the entire system. The metropolitan area,
> Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong and probably Warrnambool and Seymour (and
> Leongatha) would remain broad gauge. Steamrail could convert an R or two,
> and restore a J or N or standard gauge.

And where would Steamrail get an N from? The only one left is in the
museum and I don't think it should be touched. If it is "restored" we
will no longer have a VR N class locomotive as it will have to be
modified for modern operational conditions. What is needed is a proper
museum so these rare locomotives can be preserved properly.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au