Re: Victorian sg conversion

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
39E6F1D1.5CB07883@werple.net.au">news:39E6F1D1.5CB07883@werple.net.au...
> the
> whole split of Hillside and Bayside was made so that Bayside tracks
> could (and should) be converted to sg; Hillside ones needn't be.  The
> only rough spots would be Flemington Racecourse, and bg access to
> Newport Workshops (achieved via Tottenyam & Brooklyn).

The Racecourse line would be easy to Dual Gauge, the only restrictions are
on BG trains and that's 80kph. If any Connex driver wants to do more than
80kph out to the Racecourse, I think that we seriously need to question his
sanity (speed limit 65kph). The same could be said for Newport workshops to
Flinders St via Footscray.
With Alstom's workshops up at Ballarat, there would be major problems
getting Connex sets up there for major maintenance.

Sam Eades