Re: Riggs Creek Smash (language warning)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:13:42 +1100, Chris Gordon
<cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote:

>> The trouble with Annet keys , or indeed any sort of key locking system
>> for points  is that it doesnt work in a train order environment where
>> there are no signals, no interlockings .
>> In the Ararat situation we had the absolutely ludicrous situation of
>> the up home departure at Pyrenees loop displaying a green over red
>> even though the road was set straight into the path of the opposing
>> train.
>> What a total mess.
>
>Well to be correct, when the train left the loop with the green/red
>signal the points were set for the main line.
>
>(the problem was the points were not locked).
>
>CTC all the way to Melbourne is the way to go.

Indeed it is , and the sooner the better, but Im not that hopeful.
In the meantime we need point indicators on all the key locked points
between Ararat and Newport as a minimum.
As well maybe a new type of signal to indicate that you are entering
TO territory with a large sign that says
WARNING
A Clear Normal speed indication on this signal says nothing about the
safety or integrity of the line or points ahead.
As I remember there are still quite a lot of key locked points between
Ararat and Newport .
Who currently has the keys for them?

MD