Re: Riggs Creek Smash (language warning)

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 05:25:17 GMT, usenet.spam@gunzel.net (Michael)
wrote:

>dmason@deakin.edu.au (Doug Mason) wrote in <8v4jtm$hmi$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:
>
>>I think it is about time Freight Australia had a good look at there
>>safety or there lack of, as all they seam to care about is getting the
>>train there on time.  There safety record is shit.  They don’t have the
>>locos to pull there trains, but they keep crashing them, and smashing
>>up there wagons.  Some of the more known incidents so far are:
>>Ararat
>>Tongala
>>Oaklands
>>Riggs Creek
>
>Two of the above were not at the fault of the train crew. They were
>allegedly at fault of the fuck-wit truck drivers who drove out in front of
>the train.
>
>M.
>
>--
>To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
>bit bucket.
>
>Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".

Id suggest that the Ararat accident also was not the fault of the
train crew ,or indeed of Freight Australia, but was the fault of a
totally unsafe safe working system.
Key locked points on a main line which can be moved whilst a train is
travelling towards them at full main line speed is hardly safe.

MD