Re: Riggs Creek Smash (language warning)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:20:17 +1100, "Tony Gatt" <baulko@tig.com.au>
wrote:

>> IIRC, Annett Keys in NSW are controlled by drawer locks operated by
>miniature
>> electric staffs, totally safe.
>
>In NSW maybe, they used to be safe in Victoria as well until they popped
>then in padlock locked boxes..
>
>Something about the term "safeworking" I think they missed ..
>
>Tony.

The trouble with Annet keys , or indeed any sort of key locking system
for points  is that it doesnt work in a train order environment where
there are no signals, no interlockings .
In the Ararat situation we had the absolutely ludicrous situation of
the up home departure at Pyrenees loop displaying a green over red
even though the road was set straight into the path of the opposing
train.
What a total mess.

MD