Re: [NSW] quality of trains on airport line

--

        Public Transport Ticketing
@ http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3A1A767F.4583EB7C@ozemail.com.au">news:3A1A767F.4583EB7C@ozemail.com.au...
| Chris Downs wrote:
|
>snipped<|
| The timetable calls for nearly every weekend train to be a tangara.  When
the
| Airport opened, extra trains were required, so R sets were introduced (I
call
| them the Boeing runs).

But couldn't the Boeing runs be substituted by, say even K sets? I know they
are treated only as S sets but you only need 11 8-car sets at the most
(assuming that the Boeing runs from 707 to 797 plus 738 all use unique
sets). Maybe time for these runs to be "guaranteed C sets" like we had with
run 130 before May 21?

IMHO, at least put something air conditioned in the airport line with the
windows sealed. Then it makes it much quieter in the first place, and in hot
weather, people feel comfortable.