Re: [QLD] Park Road Station??

pdwyer wrote:

 In article <392b5614.0@galaxy.globec.com.au>, "Graham Watkins"
 <gwatkins@globec.com.au> wrote:

 >I don't know the purpose of the dual gauge platform at Park
 Road except for
 >the couple of trains that run express from Yeerongpilly to Park
 Road.

 >Seems an expensive exercise for little benefit. Reported cost
 is around $13
 >million for two new platforms and a new station, footbridge
 lifts etc.

 Well, from what I've seen, the new road runs off the Up Southern
 Main, across the down, and meets up again at Dutton Park.

 This allows a slip road, for Beenleigh and Gold Coast trains to
 bypass anything on the Up Main platform.

 One of the reasons for the increased cost is that the Dutton
 Park relay interlocking is to be replaced with a Computer based
 one. This will facilitate any further alterations to the area.

 Obviously, if QR could have four lines from Roma st to Park Rd,
 such as Roma St to Corinda and the Northgate Quad, more services
 could be fitted in.

 The slip road also helps trains from Beenleigh & the Gold Coast
 to bypass trains on the Dn Main at Park Road.

 Seeya!

For the benefit those persons reading this thread that (like me) are
unsure of which direction if UP and which is DOWN in this area, could
someone
please elucidate?
Thanks

John McCallum, member Melbourne PC User Group,
email <mccallum@melbpc.org.au>