Re: [Qld/WA] QR SMU go to Transperth??

I disagree that Citytrain don't have enough rollingstock for a
reasonable service.  The problem is that they insist on running half
empty 6 car units on a half hourly pattern, instead of 3 car units every
15 minutes (apart from Corinda to Northgate which now has a 15 minute
period service off peak on weekdays).  Of course, to maintain a full
peak timetable with 6 car units, more 220 series SMUs should be built -
some lines still have greater than 15 minute gaps peak hours.

The other problem holding back Citytrain is the long single track
sections on the Ferny Grove and Cleveland lines.  There were plans to
duplicate part of the Cleveland line (through Wellington Point) but
these appear to have been shelved.

--Colin