Baltimore Light Rail speed was Rail Re: [NSW, Ci-tyra-il] Airport Link

I rode the Baltimore Light Rail Line from the airport to Penn Station. I
find it difficult to believe that a cab couldn't beat it during most
times of the day and maybe even in the rush hour.  One of the things
about the recent accident at the airport that I suspect happened is that
the motorman sped up rather than applying the brake because the curve
entering the station has a 15 - 20 mile per hour (24 - 32 kilometer per
hour) speed restriction.  There are numerous other speed restrictions
and general slow running on the line even on the private right of way.
My opinion of the designers of the system is that they didn't understand
the value of time.

Clark Morris, cfmtech@istar.ca